free associations

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Instant Messaging Graduates To Workgroup Collaboration Tool - RG News

Yet another piece of collaboration software! I love new software. This looks to be a useful tool; but I wonder. IM is a blessing and a curse. It can provide instant communication and constant interruption. As if my day wasn't fragmented enough (mostly by my scattered thoughts).

It reminds me of a Monty Python short movie I only saw once -- The Crimson Assurance Company. There's a bit in there where people are trying to get work done and are getting constantly interrupted. At one point the character played by Eric Idle says something like, "You know, humans are capable of brilliant ideas, but they're fleeting and it's important not to be...." Just then a pirate ship shows up.

If anyone knows how that skit really goes, please enlighten me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home